Sherrel Jones: New Year Brings Old Memories
Sherrel Jones shares her thoughts on a new year of cooking possibility.
We've cooked for rehearsal dinners, bridesmaid luncheons, showers for brides and babies, vestry and choir dinners, funeral wakes and prepared dinners and lunches for visiting artists who transformed an aging relic of a building into a spectacular symphony center. I've donated dinners and luncheons for YWCA fundraisers and cooked for Chautauqua Patron parties here.
I've cooked dinner for former Attorney General William Saxbe, Historian Stephen Ambrose, media personalities like Diane Sawyer and probably tested hundreds of recipes along the way. It was the location for an OSU Student Leadership experience for students from the College of Human Science.
It has been my dream kitchen for teaching cooking classes and cooking with family and friends. Even though our house was designed with a central hall, the kitchen is the true center of the house. We are fed a lot more than food here. We are comforted and inspired, nourished and loved in those things that keep use returning to home and family.
Speaking of nourishment, it's about time to start the bacon.
Happy New Year! Let's make it a yummy one.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?