UPDATE: Shooting death reported in south Oklahoma City house Tuesday
A homicide has been reported in south Oklahoma City. Police have responded to the shooting death of a house sitter on S Shartel Avenue
10:25 a.m. Police are working to notify relatives of a man dead in south Oklahoma City, according to a news release. His name has not been released.
Videoview all videos
Jan 22A homicide has been reported in south Oklahoma City....
The house where the man was found shot to death is at 6916 S Shartel Ave., police report.
About 1:25 a.m. officers responding to a shooting found the man dead inside the house.
Anyone with information can call the homicide tip line (405) 297-1200.
No arrests have been made. Callers can remain anonymous, and may be eligible for a cash reward.
5:30 a.m. A house sitter is dead in a south Oklahoma City shooting Tuesday, police report.
A homicide investigation is underway in the 6900 block of S Shartel Ave. The house sitter was killed about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, said police Lt. Gamille Hardin.
The person who lives in the house returned home and reported to police that the house sitter was in the living room dead of a gunshot wound, Hardin said. Police have taken the person who lives in the house to headquarters to be questioned, she said.
Hardin would not say whether the house sitter is a man or a woman. She declined to say whether the person who lives in the house is a man or woman.
Check back to NewsOK.com for more information.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort