Signee Quentin Hayes joins former teammate Demontre Hurst at OU
Lancaster, Texas, is doing its part to slow down the Big 12, which has become a passers' league in recent seasons.
Oklahoma's Quentin Hayes is one of four Lancaster defensive backs to commit to Big 12 schools this year. Another, who played receiver this season, committed to UNLV as a defensive back.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
All this a season after Oklahoma snagged cornerback Demontre Hurst, who was one of the standouts of the Sooners' 2009 recruiting class, from Lancaster.
"Oklahoma is always where I wanted to play," Hayes told OUInsider.com "It feels real good to be a Sooner. I feel like I have accomplished something special and I have taken that big step up."
Hayes, a 6-1, 175-pounder was rated by Rivals.com as the No. 34 safety in America.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad