Sijsling, Wang advance at Malaysian Open
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands and Jimmy Wang of Taiwan each won Monday to advance to the second round of the Malaysian Open.
Sijsling needed only 50 minutes to beat Malaysia's top-ranked player Ariez Elyaas Deen Heshaam 6-2, 6-1 at Kuala Lumpur's Putra Stadium. He will face either Feliciano Lopez or Lukas Lacko of Slovakia in the second round.
Wang beat Riccardo Ghedin of Italy 6-3, 6-3, maintaining his strong play during a year in which he qualified for the main draw at Wimbledon and reached the second round at the U.S. Open.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes