Simms' son among several to get tryout with Jets
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Former Tennessee quarterback Matt Simms, the youngest son of former Giants star Phil Simms, is among 23 players invited by the New York Jets for a tryout at their rookie minicamp this weekend.
The Jets also offered a tryout Monday to former Penn State running back Joe Suhey, the son of former Bears fullback Matt Suhey, and agreed to terms on a contract with former Nittany Lions cornerback D'Anton Lynn, son of former NFL running back and current New York running backs coach Anthony Lynn.
Lynn is among 10 undrafted players who have agreed to terms on deals, including former North Alabama linebacker Marcus Dowtin, Michigan State tight end Brian Linthicum and Tulsa quarterback G.J. Kinne.
New York also re-signed wide receiver DaMarcus Ganaway, who was cut on April 3.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes