Single mom gets five years in prison for shooting rival mom
Shaina R. Andy, 33, of Oklahoma City, admitted taking a bat to Dashaur Allen's car and then shooting her when she filed a police report; Andy dated the father of Allen's two children
A judge sentenced a woman Thursday to five years in prison and five years probation for shooting another woman.
Shaina Renea Andy, 33, of Oklahoma City, pleaded guilty in June to assault and battery with a deadly weapon and intimidating a state's witness.
Andy also pleaded guilty in a separate felony case to malicious injury and destruction of property for taking a bat to Dashaur Allen's car in June 2010.
Allen pursued criminal charges against Andy for damaging the car and was expected to testify against Andy, who admitted shooting Allen six weeks later in a parking lot near the intersection of Hefner and Western.
“I don't know what happened,” Andy told Oklahoma County District Judge Donald L. Deason. “I snapped.”
The defendant then turned and apologized to her victim.
“I'm very sorry for the pain I've caused you and your children and your family,” Andy said.
Allen suffered a broken left arm and nerve damage when a bullet from Andy's .380 caliber handgun passed through one arm and lodged in the other.
Police said Allen was parked when Andy pulled up next to her and confronted her for pressing charges. Allen said “she'd heard enough” and started to drive off when she “saw something black” in Andy's hand, according to a pre-sentence report.
“The next thing you know, I got shot,” Allen told the judge.
Andy, who lived with the father of Allen's two children, ended the relationship and moved out because Allen constantly harassed the couple, she said in the report.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort