Skeletal remains taken from Oklahoma tomb
BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) — Police in Broken Arrow are searching for skeletal remains that were taken from a cemetery's aboveground tomb.
Cpl. Leon Calhoun said Tuesday that officers were called to Floral Haven Memorial Gardens Monday when cemetery workers found the tomb had been tampered with and the remains were missing.
Calhoun said detectives had identified no suspects and do not know a motive for the crime.
The name of the person was not released. Calhoun said officers were still working to find family members.
Calhoun says the body had been entombed at the cemetery for more than 25 years.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents