Skelton back at starting QB for Arizona Cardinals
Asked if he was even-keeled even in the aftermath of the switch to Lindley, Skelton said, "I think about as much as I could have been, all things considered. It's frustrating and everything but I don't think I ever let my attitude get the better of me."
Lindley, a sixth-round draft pick out of San Diego State, said he understood and respected the decision.
"When you don't perform like that, you don't have much ground to argue on," he said. "I didn't play to where I think I'm capable. John's going to step up and do his thing. I'm going to go to work and be the backup and be there if they need me."
Lindley said he was not losing confidence.
"It was an off day, a perfect storm the way things happened," he said. "It was a rough one but you've got to move on and pick up from there."
He said there were two ways he could react to what has happened.
"You can let it eat you up or you can learn from this," Lindley said. "I'm going to learn from this and move on."
Kolb has missed six games and did not sound optimistic, acknowledging that his condition had not improved over the past two weeks as he practiced on a limited basis.
"When I really push it in the weight room, when I really try to push the ball downfield, that's whenever I'm kind of hitting that wall," he said.
Kolb said that cartilage pieces tore from the upper part of his rib cage and have not returned to their natural position as the injury healed.
"They're laying underneath my sternum now, so that's how they're trying to heal," he said. "Rather than healing where they're butted up straight against it like a normal cracked rib or cracked cartilage when they're flush with each other, mine are laid underneath there. So that's kind of what extends the process."
Kolb said he couldn't answer whether he will play again this season but said he's got to keep pushing "for myself, for my sanity."
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Follow Bob Baum at www.twitter.com/Thebaumerphx
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 82236Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32719Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 31236Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 27663Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24708Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8346Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7879Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman