Skip Kelly hosts public safety forum
City Councilman Skip Kelly is hosting a community forum Thursday night to discuss violence in Oklahoma City, especially the northeast part of town. Here’s information:
Concern about an increase in criminal activity in Oklahoma City has prompted Ward 7 Councilman Skip Kelly to host community meeting on public safety. The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on February 21in the City Council Chamber on the third floor of City Hall, 200 N Walker.
“The increase in violent crime in Oklahoma City and specifically in northeast Oklahoma City is unacceptable,” Councilman Skip Kelly said. “This meeting will help us address these issues head-on and work with police and other community partners to create a strategy to reduce the violence.”
According to Kelly drug activity, gangs, crime prevention, domestic abuse and issues associated with public housing will be discussed.
Speakers include Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty, YWCA chief executive officer Janet Peery and Oklahoma City Housing Authority executive director Mark W. Gillett.
“We will listen to resident’s safety concerns and work hard to address them,” Kelly added.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients