SKorea: NKorea behind cyberattack on Seoul daily
Last year's cyberattack came only days after North Korea's military warned that its troops had aimed artillery at the specific coordinates of the JoongAng Ilbo and other media groups over perceived insults on children's festivals in Pyongyang.
Animosity has run high between the Koreas since two attacks blamed on Pyongyang killed 50 South Koreans in 2010. Last month, North Korea successfully shot a satellite into space on a long-range rocket, a launch South Korea and the U.S. condemned as a banned test of missile technology.
The Korean Peninsula is still technically at war because the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, not a peace treaty.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense