Oklahoma wrecks claim two lives, highway patrol and police report
Carl M. Grometer, 33, of Oswego, Ill., died Friday at the scene from massive injuries at a Craig County collision, trooper say. Oklahoma City police released the name of a man killed in a Wednesday collision.
Authorities reported a fatality accident Friday and released the identity of a man killed in a collision Wednesday in Oklahoma City.
Carl M. Grometer, 33, Oswego, Ill.
An Illinois man died in a collision about 4:30 a.m. Friday on the Will Rogers Turnpike in Craig County.
Grometer was pinned in his car for 30 minutes and died at the scene from massive injuries, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
He apparently was sleepy and ran his car into the back of a travel trailer being pulled by a pickup as the pickup slowed to exit at the Big Cabin off ramp, the patrol reports.
The pickup driver, Sean Cosper, 42, of Chouteau, was not injured, the patrol reports.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts.
Bradly Ingraham, 22, Noble
Ingraham died Wednesday afternoon when the box truck he was driving collided head on with a garbage truck, Oklahoma City police report.
The accident occurred near NW 150 and N Western Avenue. Ingraham died at the scene
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive