Small earthquake recorded in central Oklahoma
WASHINGTON, Okla. — The U.S. Geological Survey says a small earthquake has been recorded in central Oklahoma.
The 2.8 magnitude quake was recorded at 9:44 p.m. Friday near Washington — about 35 miles south of Oklahoma City.
The McClain County Sheriff's office says there have been no reports of injury or damage.
Geologists say magnitude 2.5 to 3.0 earthquakes are generally the smallest that are felt by humans.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?