Share “Small fire damages northeast Oklahoma City...”

Small fire damages northeast Oklahoma City house

A space heater toppled into a pile of clothes just after 11 a.m. Saturday, igniting a fire that burned the master bedroom and attic at 1144 Carverdale Dr., Oklahoma City fire officials said.
Oklahoman Modified: December 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm •  Published: December 1, 2012
Advertisement

Fire damages northeast OKC home

A toppled space heater ignited a small fire Saturday morning in a northeast Oklahoma City home.

Firefighters extinguished the flames at 1144 Carverdale Drive before the fire spread beyond the master bedroom and attic, said Felton Morgan, a battalion chief with the city fire department.

A neighbor reported the fire about 11:15 a.m. after smelling smoke, Morgan said. The home's renters were not there, and no one was injured.

Morgan said firefighters were not sure what knocked the space heater over and into a pile of clothes. Firefighters did not find any pets in the home, he said.

Damage was limited to just a few thousand dollars, he said.

“The mornings have been colder and people start dragging their space heaters out,” he said. “Winter's our worst time of year.”


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Amazon Is Developing a Galaxy Quest TV Show
  2. 2
    'Les Miserables' actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste dies after fall - CNN.com
  3. 3
    VICE: It's Time to Accept Video Games As Art
  4. 4
    What if your boss paid you to have life experiences for 3 months?
  5. 5
    Study: Sometimes the 'irrational' choice is the best one
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending news Article