Smith practices again, status still uncertain
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith practiced again on Saturday, however his availability is still uncertain for the game against the Chicago Bears.
Smith suffered a concussion last week against the St. Louis Rams.
He still hasn't been cleared to play by doctors, and the 49ers (6-2-1) might not get a final verdict on his status until hours before Monday's NFC showdown against the Chicago Bears (7-2).
"Alex is still going through the protocol right now," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said Saturday. "And that's in the doctor's hands. When we know, you will probably know."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims