Social media are terrific communication tool — when used properly
NewsOK Related Articles
As a legal career counselor, the largest piece of advice I offer my students seeking employment is to drastically audit their social media content. Employers now use social media as a primary consideration in hiring employees. Companies are hired to do a seven-year social history audit, and think again if you think your content is “private.” The best policy is simply to use good judgment when using social media. It's a great tool for communication if you use it properly.
Remember, words are not for hurting. Let's teach our children that so they won't need a book to know how to communicate properly.
Delaney is director of the Office of Professional and Career Development at the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater