Social Security funds being stolen
For many years I paid into the Social Security fund, thinking my contributions were protected and drawing interest in a separate fund. A few years ago I learned this wasn't the case. My retirement funds weren't drawing interest, but were in fact being spent to build bridges to nowhere, studying the sex habits of Japanese monkeys and other such important things.
NewsOK Related Articles
If I were to go about taking up money for some charitable cause and then spent the money on a new boat for myself, I would go to jail. It's called fraud. Yet this is exactly what the federal government has done with our money. Social Security wouldn't be broke if the money fraudulently taken from it were paid back. I don't hear much talk from politicians about fixing Social Security by repaying what they've stolen. Nor is anyone very much interested in putting a lockbox on it to stop the bleeding.
Tom Kegin, Choctaw
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater