Share “Social Security Q&A: Disability questions”

Social Security Q&A: Disability questions

Social Security Q&A: Apply for disability benefits as soon as you become disabled if you believe your disability will last a year or longer.
Published: May 12, 2013

A: Ticket to Work is a voluntary program offering disabled beneficiaries a variety of services such as vocational rehabilitation, job referrals and training.

Ticket to Work can help you get the support and services you need to help you achieve your employment goals.

For more information, go to or call us toll-free at (800) 772-1213 {TTY (800) 325-0778}.

Work Incentives make it possible for you to explore work while still receiving health care and cash benefits designed to give you a safety net:

• You can keep your Medicaid/Medicare while you work;

• You can select part-time or work-from-home alternatives to help you reach your goal of financial independence; and

• You can try work with confidence, knowing your benefits continue during your transition period.

This column was prepared by the Social Security Administration.

For fast answers to specific Social Security questions, call Social Security toll-free at (800) 772-1213.


  1. 1
    Vinita police chief: Extreme sunburn case still under investigation, drawing international media...
  2. 2
    Hundreds pack memorial service for man killed at north Tulsa park
  3. 3
    There’s a New Restaurant That Specializes in Potato-Chip Sandwiches
  4. 4
    The most popular liquor in every state
  5. 5
    The FBI has subpoenaed lewd text messages between Subway's Jared Fogle and a former Subway...
+ show more


× Trending business Article