Our so-called cures for societal problems are directed at the symptoms rather than the causes. We can't keep throwing money at a broken education system, or its victims. We can't guarantee raising well-behaved, normal children in broken, drug-dependent or parentless families. Taking guns from law-abiding citizens will only deepen the lawlessness of criminals. Taking God out of our schools and society, and legitimizing every type of deviant moral, physical and psychological behavior, dooms American society to a continued descent into more violence, self-centered behavior and immorality. Society won't improve until America returns to her Judeo-Christian roots and founding principles.
NewsOK Related Articles
If we truly want to solve most of American society's problems, return to God, return your family to God and return America to its founding principles. Otherwise, we commit societal suicide!
Frank Lipsinic, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say