Socks for Seniors seeks Oklahoma City coordinator
Socks for Seniors is a nonprofit organization with the goal of keeping older feet warm. It is looking for a volunteer coordinator for the Oklahoma City area.
NewsOK Related Articles
Coyne stressed that people should donate unique socks with a funky pattern, shape or design, not just boring white ones.
“Some of those unique socks become conversation starters with people who come and go there,” he said. “For somebody that normally wouldn't have anything to potentially start up a conversation about … it makes a difference in that way in their lives.”
Some people have started collection boxes already and some don't start until right before Christmas, so there's no time frame, Coyne said.
“If they don't have a local place to distribute them in mind, we can help them with that, but we do like for all of the socks to stay local,” he said. “It's pretty simple. Basically, get a box, decorate it and find a place to put it. It just starts with one box, one person and one location.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister