Solar panels installed for St. Louis Co. district
OAKVILLE, Mo. (AP) — A St. Louis County school district is hoping to see a big reduction in energy costs after installing solar panels.
The Mehlville School District has installed the panels at five schools. District officials say a 20-year lease with panel provider StraightUp Solar is expected to result in $130,000 in energy savings and greatly reduce air pollution emissions.
The project also provides learning opportunities. District students will be able to monitor the effectiveness of the panels through a Web-based monitoring system.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive