Solar panels installed for St. Louis Co. district
OAKVILLE, Mo. (AP) — A St. Louis County school district is hoping to see a big reduction in energy costs after installing solar panels.
The Mehlville School District has installed the panels at five schools. District officials say a 20-year lease with panel provider StraightUp Solar is expected to result in $130,000 in energy savings and greatly reduce air pollution emissions.
The project also provides learning opportunities. District students will be able to monitor the effectiveness of the panels through a Web-based monitoring system.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims