Some Oklahoma schools ace new evaluation system
A few Oklahoma school districts received all A's. Leaders attribute the high marks to teamwork among students, teachers, parents and the community.
About 9 percent of Oklahoma schools received an A under the state Education Department's new A to F school evaluation system, and a few smaller districts claimed all A's on their report cards.
NewsOK Related Articles
Seven districts with more than one school received all A's: Amber-Pocasset, Arapaho-Butler, Canadian, Central High, Mulhall-Orlando, Reydon and Ripley.
Six single-school districts received A's: Bishop, Cottonwood, McCord, Pioneer, Robin Hill and Sweetwater.
Statewide, only 160 schools received A's of about 1,750 grades given.
Leaders attribute the high marks to teamwork among students, teachers, parents and the community.
The strong bond between Amber-Pocasset Public Schools and the surrounding communities in Grady County has created an environment of high expectations, Superintendent Chad Hance said.
“Our community and parents have accepted that,” Hance said. “They understand it comes with hard work. Our parents get behind our school. They're involved.”
The district is home to about 490 students who attend three schools: an elementary, a junior high and a high school. About 40 of the 60 staff members are teachers.
“It's the people we have inside our walls,” Hance said. “It's our teachers. Our teachers are doing an outstanding job. We have a great staff that care about our kids and go that extra mile to do what they need to do.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates