Oklahoma woman was third generation of brides to wear same gown
Three generations of women in the Holliger/Costello/Elders family have all worn the same wedding dress, with minor repairs by an expert.
As she exchanged vows with Clayton Elder at St. Joseph Old Cathedral on June 30, Katy Elder wore a creamy white gown of silk and handmade lace that was worn first by her grandmother, Yolanda Holliger, in 1960, then by her mother, Rose Costello, in 1983.
The gown is her “something borrowed.”
Haloing her youthful face and flowing the length of the impossibly full peau de soie skirt, Elder wore a hand-woven lace veil that seemed made...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction