Son of a Sooner: Jordan Evans’ long trip to OU
COMMENTARY — The son of former Oklahoma standout Scott Evans was a late bloomer, but on signing day, he will follow his father’s footsteps and become a Sooner.
NORMAN — Draped in his father’s No. 78 crimson jersey, flanked by two OU football helmets, 3-year-old Jordan Evans posed for a picture. “Following the Tradition,” read the inscription on the frame.
Evans turns 18 on Sunday; on Feb. 6 he plans to sign a letter of intent to play football for the Sooners. The photo proved true.
But it took awhile to get there.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister