Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
doesn't matter to me. It's the game of basketball. They play it in a whole bunch of cities.” Said Wilkens: "I don't know nothing about Oklahoma City. I haven't even thought about it.” Said Petro: "I don't even know Oklahoma City, so I don't really pay attention to it. I'm like, wherever we're going to be that's where I'm going to be too.” Petro said it he's dealt with the off-the-court aspect as best he could without allowing it to become a distraction. "That's what we signed up for,” Petro said. "We have to be ready mentally, physically and all that. You have to be prepared and think about who you're going to play and how you're going to play and that's what I try to do.” Then of course there's the face of the franchise, rookie Kevin Durant, and his seemingly sidekick of the future, Jeff Green. Both players said they remain focused on developing as players and doing the best they can to help the franchise on the court. "It's tough to think about that because it's always hovering over top of our heads,” Durant said. "Now people ask us all the time whether we're leaving or not. It's something we don't have any control over. We got to continue to play the game the way we play and let that take care of itself. "The team right now, everybody's loving Seattle. So if the team does move we've got to continue to play, continue to get better.” Said Green: "It's out of our control. We're not here to make (decisions) about where our team is supposed to be. We're going to continue to play hard for Seattle because that's where we're at right now. "I know (Oklahoma) fans are great. I talked to a couple of guys from the Hornets who had to go there because of Katrina. It's a good place to be. The fans are great, but we're not there yet.”
Sonics focused on playing game not locality
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated