Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
In the third quarter, Sooner Magic took over. On the two-point try, quarterback Zac Robinson fumbled to Oklahoma defensive end Frank Alexander, who raced unscathed to the other end of the field to give the Sooners two points instead. During the first, second and fourth quarters Saturday night, OU outplayed the Cowboys on the way to a 61-41 victory to stay in the hunt for the Big 12 and national championships. But during the third quarter when the Cowboys could've taken control of the game, Sooner Magic prevented them from doing so. “I've heard about (Sooner Magic),” quarterback Sam Bradford said. “I guess you could say we had a little of that tonight.” None more so than on OU's ensuing possession following the Bryant score. After two unsuccessful plays, the Sooners faced third-and-8. Bradford's third-down pass grazed through the hands of receiver Manny Johnson. But instead of falling to the turf to force a punt, the ball landed in tight end Jermaine Gresham's arms in stride behind the OSU secondary.
Sooner Magic tricks kick in
STILLWATER — Early in the third quarter, Oklahoma State had the visitors reeling.Following Dez Bryant’s shoestring touchdown catch, the Cowboys trimmed their deficit to 21-19 and sent the offense back on the field to attempt a two-point conversion.
Videoview all videos
Nov 30OU's Jermaine Gresham scores twice, as the Sooners...
Nov 30Berry Tramel, Scott Wright and Jake Trotter talk about...
Photoview all 140 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims