- Domino, Viper and Grayhaven veteran artist Scott Sackett had the clever idea to take the concept of a caricature a step further and draw people as zombies. He also modeled the zombie look for me. (See photo below.)
- The gaming area was again hopping throughout the day. One game being demoed that I hadn’t been aware of was the Judge Dredd miniatures game from Mongoose, which looked fun. The rules are free to download at the Mongoose web site.
- Writer Jackson Compton, who works with artist Jerry Bennett on “Nadir’s Zenith,” told me his sales for issue #3 had been brisk so far at SoonerCon.
- I got a chance to catch up briefly with the always affable writer/artist Don Rosencrans of “Welcome to Ralton,” who has several projects in the works, all of which I’m looking forward to seeing.
- I only briefly touched base with author Mel Odom, who was on multiple panels today. He’s got a lot of great information for those who want to get into writing and he’s well worth listening to on the subject.
I will be back at SoonerCon on Sunday. Added to the schedule is an encore “The Posthuman Project” presentation at 2 p.m. in the theater on Sunday. I plan to show the trailer from the upcoming film and answer questions about the comic book and movie. I’d love to talk to those who can make it.
- Matt Price
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.