Oklahoma football recruiting: Sooners' 2013 class has emphasis on defense
Eleven of Oklahoma's 19 commitments for its 2013 recruiting class are defensive players, signaling a strong emphasis on improving a unit that struggled to stop just about anyone down the stretch in 2012, and lost several key players and one huge commitment over the past week.
NORMAN — Jordan Evans and Dominique Alexander expect to contribute immediately as Oklahoma freshmen next fall.
Evans (6-feet-3, 205 pounds), who switched from cornerback to linebacker before his junior season at Norman North, committed to OU in late November. Alexander, a 6-2, 195-pound “athlete” from Tulsa Washington, will likely begin his college career at linebacker.
Videoview all videos
Jan 10Jim: “Maybe Stoops should bring Mark Mangino back to...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“(Coaches) don't expect to redshirt us,” Evans said. “They want us to come in as freshman and compete on special teams, and even come in and contribute a lot on the defensive side....
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims