Sooners still targeting Dorial Green-Beckham
OU FOOTBALL RECRUITING — The nation's No. 1 prospect hasn't committed yet, and Oklahoma is still on his radar
Dorial Green-Beckham is going to make people wait.
The nation's No. 1 wide receiver prospect, and the top-ranked player in the class of 2012 overall according to Rivals.com, is taking his decision all the way to Feb. 1, the first day of the signing period.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
The 6-foot-6, 220-pounder from Springfield (Mo.) Hillcrest, fresh off sharing Most Valuable Player honors at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, has his attentions split between his football future and his basketball present for now.
Monday night, he even missed the first half of the BCS title game to see a friend, Lainie Bishop, honored for setting her school's career scoring record.
Green-Beckham has skipped out on recruiting visits — including a scheduled visit to OU in mid-December — to remain with his basketball team.
But his time to make a decision isn't far away.
“Feb. 1 is coming up real fast,” Green-Beckham told the Branson Tri-Lakes News. “I've still got a little more time to squeeze in and figure out what I'm going to decide. It's still up in the air. But I'm sitting back and relaxing. I feel comfortable in the situation I'm in.”
Green-Beckham is expected to choose between OU, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas and Missouri.
Despite OU's already-impressive group of committed wide receivers, the Sooners would love to have Green-Beckham, who would likely see playing time next year.
Here's a look at some other recruits the Sooners are targeting:
Nelson Agholor, wide receiver, Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep
Agholor didn't play in the Under Armour All-America High School Football Game last week in St. Petersburg, Fla., due to a shoulder injury. Agholor visited Oklahoma in mid-December and has already visited Notre Dame and Florida. He's expected to visit Florida State this weekend and USC before signing day and choose between those five.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes