Sophomore Justice Hansen leads Santa Fe past Memorial
Videoview all videos
Sep 3Edmond Santa Fe quarterback Justice Hansen says his team...
Photoview all 37 photos
“I had a slow start, but then I got settled in a little bit,” Hansen said.
He certainly looked settled by the end of the second quarter. Hansen directed an 80-yard drive that ended in a 34-yard touchdown pass to Jefferson with three seconds remaining.
The score sent the home side of the stadium through the roof and was one more confidence booster for a program that suffered through a 1-9 season in 2010.
After Thursday's win — and Hansen's performance — the Wolves' future looks bright.
“I told (Hansen) after our first scrimmage, ‘You're a winner, son,'” first-year Wolves coach Lance Manning said “He made his share of mistakes, no doubt. But he's a competitor, and we've got him three years.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed