Soul Food Festival is popular event in Oklahoma City
Grace Living Center in Oklahoma City hosted the Soul Food Festival for the 13th year.
Grace Living Center on NE 21 held a Soul Food Festival celebrating Black History Month with ribs, fried chicken, pork chops, oxtails, pigs feet, beans and greens.
It marked the 13th consecutive year the event has been held. Organizers said it has grown over the years, and staff members worked round-the-clock for days leading up to the Friday luncheon to get everything ready.
Organizers said the event is a celebration of community and culture, and a tribute to a style of cooking that comforts the soul as much as the body.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims