South Carolina says football tickets going up $45
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Football ticket prices are going up at South Carolina.
The school announced a $45 increase to season ticket prices for 2013, raising the cost to $365 a seat for the Gamecocks seven-game schedule. The school said Thursday it has not raised football season tickets since 2008.
Athletic director Ray Tanner said the additional revenue will help fund about $53 million in building new facilities and upgrading existing buildings. Among those projects approved by the University of South Carolina's board of trustees were a $17.5 million football practice facility and outdoor practice fields to replace ones currently across from Williams-Brice Stadium.
Funds were also approved to improve the plaza area around the football stadium and construct a building for lockers, a weight room and video room next to soccer's Stone Stadium.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction