South Carolina's NCAA run started after loss to OU
South Carolina enters this weekend's Super Regional series against Oklahoma on a 19-game NCAA Tournament winning streak that includes capturing the past two national championships.
NewsOK Related Articles
The run began at the College World Series in 2010, following a 4-3 loss to the Sooners in an opening-round game. The Gamecocks haven't lost in postseason play since.
“Certainly, we're not going to fear anything,” said OU coach Sunny Golloway. “We're the last team to defeat them in the NCAA Tournament 20 games ago. That streak's ridiculous.
“Our goal is not just stop the win streak, it's eliminate them from going to Omaha, so it's going to take more than one. But that streak's too long.”
Saturday: 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Sunday: 6 p.m. (ESPNU)
Monday: 6 p.m. (ESPN2) (if necessary)
Records: South Carolina is 43-17; OU is 42-23.
Rankings: Among the major polls, Collegiate Baseball ranks both teams highest, with the Gamecocks at No. 2 and the Sooners at No. 12.
Game 1: LHP Jordan John, OU (8-7, 2.26) vs. LHP Michael Roth, S. Carolina (6-1, 2.68)
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims