South Dakota State defeats SE Louisiana 31-14
HAMMOND, La. (AP) — Zach Zenner rushed for 278 yards and South Dakota State defeated Southeastern Louisiana 31-14 Saturday night, handing the Lions their first loss in a home opener since resuming football in 2003.
Zenner, with 34 carries and one touchdown, had the most yardage by a running back in South Dakota State's Division I era, which began in 2004-05.
South Dakota State (1-1) led 13-0 at halftime, then the Lions (0-2) made it 13-7 on a 19-yard touchdown pass from Nathan Stanley to Michael Chaney with 10:12 left in the third quarter.
The Jackrabbits quickly pulled away. Austin Sumner hit Jason Schneider with a 46-yard scoring pass, then Zenner's 35-yard TD with 3:05 to go in the third quarter made it 28-7.
South Dakota State had 439 yards total offense. Southeastern Louisiana had 179 yards, including minus-11 yards rushing.
Stanley completed 22 of 43 passes for 190 yards for the Lions.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers