The Oklahoman's state college football power poll for Week 7:
1. Southwestern (4-3): The Bulldogs' chances of winning the Great American Conference are dashed — unless undefeated Henderson State (Ark.) takes a hiatus. But they can still claim bragging rights as the best GAC team in Oklahoma with a victory this weekend. Next: vs. East Central (3-3), 6 p.m. Saturday
2. East Central (3-3): If sophomore quarterback Spencer Bond throws for 416 yards and five touchdowns like he did last weekend against Northwestern, and the Tigers are quite capable of knocking Southwestern off the power poll perch. Next: at Southwestern (4-3), 6 p.m. Saturday
3. Southeastern (2-5): Coach Ray Richards' squad did a good job for three quarters against Southwestern last week, then the defense surrendered 17 points in the fourth quarter, including two 8-yard touchdown catches from tight end Ryan Corbin. And for that, Mr. Corbin was named Monday as The Oklahoman's State College Player of the Week. Next: at Northwestern (0-7), 3 p.m. Saturday
4. Langston (2-4): Hate to say “told you so,” but here come the Lions. Next: vs. Oklahoma Baptist (2-5), 2 p.m. Saturday
5. Bacone (5-2): Defense won the game last weekend against Panhandle State. The Warriors forced five turnovers, Keshaun Malone totaled a game-best 11 tackles and Erik King returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown. Next: at Texas College (1-5), 2 p.m. Saturday
6. Central Oklahoma (0-7): Probably waited too long to drop the Bronchos a few spots in the power poll. Alums yearning for the good old days of Bronchos football need to give coach Nick Bobeck and staff some time. It's now obvious this rebuild is going take a while. Next: vs. Lincoln (Mo.) (1-6), 2 p.m. Nov. 2
7. Panhandle State (3-5): Thought the Aggies would give Bacone a little tougher test. With that in mind, this crew needs to be careful against Southwestern Assemblies. Next: at Southwestern Assemblies of God, Texas (2-4), 2 p.m. Saturday
8. Oklahoma Baptist (2-5): The Bison might hang around a while, but they likely don't have enough horses to beat Langston. Next: at Langston (2-4), 2 p.m. Saturday
9. Northeastern (0-7): Central Missouri is OK — but OK is good enough to beat the injury-riddled RiverHawks right now. Next: at Central Missouri (3-4), 1:30 p.m.
10. Southern Nazarene (0-7): Keep the mistakes to a minimum, and the Crimson Storm has a winnable game Saturday at Arkansas-Monticello. Next: at Arkansas-Monticello (4-3), 3 p.m.
11. Northwestern (0-7): Blue plate special of the week. Rangers pull off a shocker this weekend in Durant. Seriously. Next: vs. Southeastern (2-5), 3 p.m. Saturday
*Last week's state college power poll: 1. Southwestern; 2. East Central; 3. Southeastern; 4. Central Oklahoma; 5. Langston; 6. Bacone; 7. Panhandle State; 8. Southern Nazarene; 9. Northeastern; 10. Oklahoma Baptist; 11. Northwestern