SPCA official: Time to fill loopholes in federal animal fighting law
NewsOK Related Articles
Yet what we've seen when the federal law has been used is that dogfighters and cockfighters abandon their animals at the first sign of a raid. They claim to be spectators so as to avoid prosecution. It's time to close that loophole and ensure that the entire cast of characters at animal fights is prosecuted.
Grantz is executive director of the Enid Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say