Spirit Airlines launches Denver-Phoenix flights
MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Spirit Airlines is kicking off its new service between Denver International Airport and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.
The Florida-based low cost carrier will have one daily non-stop each way beginning Thursday. The flights leave Denver at midmorning each day and leave the east Phoenix suburb of Mesa for the return late in the morning.
Spirit touts low fares but makes up some of the difference with fees that account for 40 percent of its revenue. The average customer pays more than $100 per round trip in fees.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater