'Spontaneous combustion' considered in Sequoyah County death
Sequoyah County authorities are attempting to determine the circumstances surrounding the death of a man whose burned body was discovered in a house Monday.
Firefighters were called to a home on Bawcom Road between Muldrow and Sallisaw about 11 a.m. after someone reported seeing smoke coming from inside the structure, Sequoyah County Sheriff Ron Lockhart said.
Several neighbors entered the home and attempted to extinguish what they believed was trash burning inside, only to realize it was a body, Lockhart said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M