Sports media notes: High school football radio broadcasts return
HIGH SCHOOL BROADCASTS RETURN
— Tony Sellers, a former WWLS sportscaster, is returning to the broadcast booth to call Mustang High School football this season on KKNG-FM 93.3.
— Yukon High School games will be back on KINB-FM 105.3 for the second season. Cisco, a Wild 104.9 personality, will call the games with Kyle Head.
— Coverage of Moore High School football returns to KOKC-AM 1520 for its 20th season. J.D. Northcutt and Justin Rolland are back as the broadcast team.
— KREF-AM 1400 will be airing Norman and Norman North games, with the road game live and the home game on tape delay. Chris Joseph and Clay Spears will call Norman North games, and Andrew Himes and Andrew Gilman will broadcast Norman games.
— The Sports Animal radio network, including WWLS-FM 98.1, is carrying one or two high school games a week, including Tulsa Union at Jenks at 7 p.m. Friday. Announcers will vary by game, including Mark Rodgers, Gideon Hamilton and Kyle Head. Randy Heitz will host the “High School Game Night” scoreboard show following the Friday games. Heitz and Brian Aylor host “High School Spotlight” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister