Sports media notes: High school football radio broadcasts return
HIGH SCHOOL BROADCASTS RETURN
— Tony Sellers, a former WWLS sportscaster, is returning to the broadcast booth to call Mustang High School football this season on KKNG-FM 93.3.
— Yukon High School games will be back on KINB-FM 105.3 for the second season. Cisco, a Wild 104.9 personality, will call the games with Kyle Head.
— Coverage of Moore High School football returns to KOKC-AM 1520 for its 20th season. J.D. Northcutt and Justin Rolland are back as the broadcast team.
— KREF-AM 1400 will be airing Norman and Norman North games, with the road game live and the home game on tape delay. Chris Joseph and Clay Spears will call Norman North games, and Andrew Himes and Andrew Gilman will broadcast Norman games.
— The Sports Animal radio network, including WWLS-FM 98.1, is carrying one or two high school games a week, including Tulsa Union at Jenks at 7 p.m. Friday. Announcers will vary by game, including Mark Rodgers, Gideon Hamilton and Kyle Head. Randy Heitz will host the “High School Game Night” scoreboard show following the Friday games. Heitz and Brian Aylor host “High School Spotlight” at 11 a.m. Sunday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments