Sports on TV: Doug Gottlieb's new CBS Sports Network show to debut Oct. 22
Doug Gottlieb's new CBS Sports Network show “Lead Off” will debut Oct. 22. “Lead Off,” which will air at 11 p.m. weeknights, will provide perspective on the sports news of the day, advancing the storylines that fans will be discussing in the morning.
A former OSU point guard, Gottlieb, 36, spent 10 years at ESPN before signing a multiyear, multiplatform deal with CBS Sports in July. He also will have a daily talk show on the CBS Sports Radio Network, which launches Jan. 2.
The TV show, based in Orange County, Calif., will feature a mix of live guests, highlights, debate and commentary from Gottlieb and others, reacting to the biggest stories and events of the day.
“‘Lead Off' will be a high energy and unique show,'” said David Berson, CBS Sports Network president, in a news release. “Instead of dissecting what just happened as most late night shows do, it will be forward looking, spinning the sports conversation ahead. Doug is perfectly suited for this role.”
* ESPN's “College GameDay” will be in Tallahassee, Fla., on Saturday in advance of the No. 10 Clemson at No. 4 Florida State game, which will air at 7 p.m. on ABC. The show will linclude Scott Van Pelt's profile of Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims