Spurs beat Hawks 101-99
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Nando De Colo hit a 3-pointer with 0.6 seconds remaining to give the San Antonio Spurs a 101-99 victory over the Atlanta Hawks in a preseason game Wednesday night.
Josh Powell scored 14 points and Gary Neal added 12 to lead the Spurs, who played a lineup of mostly reserves and training camp hopefuls.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich decided to rest a number of players, including Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.
Center Eddy Curry got his first start of the preseason and finished with 11 points and eight rebounds, while De Colo added nine points and nine assists.
Damion James and Mike Scott led the Hawks with 11 points apiece. Scott scored seven straight points down the stretch for the Hawks, including a 3-pointer to tie the game with 4 seconds left.
Atlanta scored 20 points on 21 turnovers by San Antonio.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims