Stacked Oklahoma receiver corps has another outstanding game
DALLAS — For the first time all season, Oklahoma's receiving corps was complete Saturday.
The Sooners had Kenny Stills, who had missed time with a suspension and a head injury. Stills had a pair of touchdown catches in OU's blowout win Saturday.
Videoview all videos
Oct 11Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney talk about Landry Jones...
Oct 10Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney talk about how strong OU's...
Oct 8Berry Tramel and Travis Haney explain how the Sooners...
Photoview all 128 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
They also had Trey Franks, who had been suspended for the past two games. Franks didn't have a catch but returned a pair of kicks in the first half that helped OU start with good field position, leading to an early field goal and touchdown.
And OU also had Jaz Reynolds, who hadn't been hurt but has steadily emerged as a third option with Ryan Broyles and Stills to turn OU's passing offense from potent to downright frightening.
“It just takes a lot of pressure off me knowing that I have receivers that I can put the ball up to in tight coverage and they're going to make a play.”
Broyles was his usual dazzling self Saturday, with seven catches for 105 yards and a touchdown--a score that tied him with former OSU standout Rashaun Woods for tops in BIg 12 history in touchdown receptions.
Stills showed his continued development with a pair of touchdown catches, including one where quarterback Landry Jones threaded a needle to hit a well-covered Stills.
“You pick your poison, you bracket Broyles and leave Kenny one on one; you bracket Kenny and you've got Broyles one on one,” Sooners center Gabe Ikard said. “You can't really win with that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad