Staffers at J.D. McCarty Center in Norman help patients at Christmas
Nine families were chosen for the outpatient Christmas project at J.D. McCarty Center in Norman.
“We may not have a lot,” Jensen said, “but we have a lot to be thankful for. Getting this Christmas box is a blessing and it makes our family feel special.”
The J.D. McCarty Center treats children with developmental disabilities from birth to age 21. Founded in 1946, it provides the physical, occupational, speech and language therapy children need to reach their highest level of functionality and independence.
The McCarty Center is the only hospital of its kind in Oklahoma and last year saw children from 59 of Oklahoma's 77 counties. For more information, go www.jdmc.org.
Greg Gaston is director of marketing for the J.D. McCarty Center.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort