Stage Stores names 2 board members
HOUSTON (AP) — Stage Stores has named two new directors, expanding the size of its board to 10 members.
The company said Wednesday that Lisa Kranc, 59, senior vice president of marketing for AutoZone Inc., had joined the Stage Stores board on Sept. 20. She will serve on Stage Stores Inc.'s compensation committee and its corporate governance and nominating committee.
The retailer said it had also appointed Diane Ellis, 54, the president and chief operating officer of Brooks Brothers Inc., to the board on Sept. 21. She will serve on Stage Stores' compensation committee and its audit committee.
Stage Stores runs 839 stores in 40 states. Last month the Houston company reported that its second-quarter net income climbed as it cut back on promotions.
Stage Stores shares closed at $21.31 on Tuesday. They had risen to a 52-week high of $22.67 on Sept. 21.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort