Nicholls State-Oregon State Preview Capsule
Nicholls State (1-9) at No. 16 Oregon State (8-3) 2:30 p.m. ET (Pac-12 Network)
Line: No line.
Series Record: First meeting.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
This game was supposed to be the season opener for both Nicholls State and Oregon State, but it got postponed when Hurricane Isaac took aim at the Colonels' Thibodeaux, La., campus and closed down the school. Nicholls State is struggling with a seven-game losing streak, while the Beavers are coming off a 48-24 loss to intrastate rival Oregon in the Civil War.
Nicholls State's passing offense against Oregon State's defense. The Colonels' receiving has improved this season and ranked third in the Southland Conference with an average of 226.9 yards a game. The Beavers are ranked third in the Pac-12 in pass defense, allowing an average of 227.6 yards a game.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Nicholls State: QB QB Landry Klann. The junior has 1,885 yards passing and needs just 115 to become the first ?rst 2,000-yard passer for the Colonels since Brad Zeller threw for 2,374 yards in 1998.
Oregon State: CB Jordan Poyer: The senior, a Pac-12 first-team selection, is tied for fourth in the nation with six interceptions this season. Overall, the Beavers have 17 interceptions, tied for sixth in the nation.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad