State college football notebook: Southern Nazarene shuts out College of Faith
It's been a long season for first-year program College of Faith, which only had 13 players for Saturday's game.
Otherwise, Southern Nazarene dominated. The Crimson Storm totaled 296 yards to The Mighty Believers' minus-1.
SNU tailback Derick Perkins finished with 122 yards and four touchdowns.
This time last season, Southern Nazarene celebrated a Central States Football League championship and NAIA playoff berth. On Saturday, it finished a difficult schedule with a 2-9 record but a year closer to becoming a full-fledged member of the NCAA Division II-affiliated Great American Conference.
College of Faith wrapped up its abbreviated schedule with an 0-5 record but full of promise for the 2013 season.
“We've had a lot of hardships this season, but we're not going to give up,” Thomas said. “This is only the beginning.”
*East Central scored 31 unanswered points to beat Southeastern State 31-17 at Norris Field in Ada. Quarterback Spencer Bond accounted for three touchdowns for East Central.
*Bacone's six-game win streak was snapped with its 47-14 loss to McMurry in Abilene, Texas. Bacone (7-4) had only allowed 26 points during its winning run.
*Southwestern State managed just 217 total yards offense in a 38-7 loss to Harding in Searcy, Ark. Dustin Stenta led Southwestern State (3-7) with 136 yards and a touchdown passing.
*Javari Liggins ran for 221 yards and a TD, and Kyle Jech passed for 169 yards and two touchdowns as Northwestern State trimmed Arkansas-Monticello, 38-35. Northwestern State won its last-four games of the season to finish with a 4-7 record.
*Langston held off Panhandle State 27-20 in Goodwell, finishing 6-4.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort