State equine trail riding association to host clinic in Chandler
OETRA membership is based on the calendar year. The cost is $20 for individuals and $25 for families. Those who join after Sept. 1, membership will be good through December 2013. Members receive a monthly newsletter full of upcoming rides and ride reviews and yearly membership directory. OETRA has a Yahoo Members Only Message Board to increase communications among members and a Facebook group page.
For more information about the “GPS 101 and Horse Camping 101 Clinic,” contact David Smith at (918) 230-0792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website www.oetra.com to download a registration form. A membership application can be also downloaded from the website.
Directions: Chandler is located right off the Turner Turnpike (Interstate 44) between Oklahoma City and Tulsa. To get to Bell Cow Lake equestrian campground and trails (lake area C), you should take State Highway 18 north from Chandler.
This will be a left turn past the toll gate if you use the turnpike. Just north of town, SH 18 crosses over the turnpike. Just beyond, a green and white sign will direct you to turn left (west) on a blacktop road to the Chandler lakes. After a straight stretch, the main road makes a wide turn to the right. Do not take the turn but go straight which is still heading west. The equestrian campground is about 2 miles further on and is well marked.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion