State Representative: Eliminating business franchise tax would help state
NewsOK Related Articles
Gov. Mary Fallin set this as a goal in her State of the State address, calling for a reduction in our top personal income tax rate from 5.25 to 5 percent. This modest and necessary reduction can be accomplished easily due to the continued growth of our economy and continued growth of state government revenues.
This legislative session can be historic if we, as policymakers, keep our focus on expanding opportunity. Eliminating the franchise tax and continuing to lower the income tax will accomplish this goal.
Osborn, R-Mustang, represents District 47 in the Oklahoma House.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments