State Senate finance chair: GOP senators working to eliminate loopholes, lower taxes
NewsOK Related Articles
In the last decade, our top income tax rate has dropped from 7 percent to 5.25 percent. I supported each of those tax cuts. But years of budget cuts have brought us to a point where it's no longer possible to adequately fund education and fix our roads and bridges while cutting taxes, unless we have revenue offsets from the elimination of ineffective tax subsidies.
Cutting taxes without a single item of tax reform takes little imagination, leadership or political courage. By doing things the Ronald Reagan way, we can both lower tax rates and increase funding for education.
Mazzei, R-Tulsa, represents District 25 in the Oklahoma Senate. He is chairman of the Senate Finance Committee.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community