States should modernize election process
I commend the people in Florida and elsewhere where voters had to stand in line for hours to vote. I couldn't, I wouldn't and I shouldn't have to endure such an antiquated process to vote in the 21st century. If states don't modernize their election process, the federal government will. Congress has the power to regulate federal elections. If I can bank and pay my taxes online, I should be able to vote online. Oklahoma needs to extend early voting, allow all third parties on the ballot and allow email voting. The Electoral College should be abolished, so all people can see the presidential candidates, not just 10 states. Let every vote count.
NewsOK Related Articles
Dub Whalen, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister