States should modernize election process
I commend the people in Florida and elsewhere where voters had to stand in line for hours to vote. I couldn't, I wouldn't and I shouldn't have to endure such an antiquated process to vote in the 21st century. If states don't modernize their election process, the federal government will. Congress has the power to regulate federal elections. If I can bank and pay my taxes online, I should be able to vote online. Oklahoma needs to extend early voting, allow all third parties on the ballot and allow email voting. The Electoral College should be abolished, so all people can see the presidential candidates, not just 10 states. Let every vote count.
NewsOK Related Articles
Dub Whalen, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort